He really acts like such a teenager sometimes. He was throwing a tantrum about going over for lunch as he always does every CNY.
He was like "I don't have time for this kinda things ... I'm so busy ... go without me la.." And then he will still ask me whether I can make it for his friends' functions, etc.
So this year I was like, "Wah, you say no time to go Tua Ee's but you still can go for _________'s dinner?! CNY you know, family should have the priority."
So he gave in. I feel like a bad niece/daughter half the time, but seriously! If my aunt and dad acted their age......!
Tua Ee cooked up another storm as expected. Every year there's always two whole pots of salted duck and vegetable soup waiting for me. I don't know how this tradition came about - but it's super yummy so I am far from complaining :)
I just wish she would not go through all that trouble sometimes. Especially when I know how my lousy dad doesn't appreciate it!!
This year, as with every year, Tua Ee couldn't sit still. She was flying about the kitchen and talking non-stop like only she can. Now I know where I got that set of genes from - I didn't sit much during our family's reunion dinner :P
I guess she misses mom a lot too. She didn't say so, but somehow I notice that since last year, she's started sharing about stuff to me more openly. Maybe I am more of an adult now, or something?
Well, that's good and bad.
Good - I love my family despite their wackiness. I love connecting with each of them individually, on their level. Cousins, aunts, uncles, erm dad too (though he is the hardest nut in the family to crack).
Bad - THIS MEANS I'M AGING!!!
Hoi! Stop sniggering! V I know you're one of them! And G too! Bah!
It's funny though, I still feel very similar to how I felt when I was 22. Jokes aside, I don't feel like my outlook on life has changed very much, even though I have switched professions, institutions and even continents. Though, of course, I do know I have matured in terms of how easily I freak out nowadays as compared to the past.
I suppose this is called "mellowing"?
Haha, I remember that I used to think of an old cucumber (those that are used for boiling soups) whenever someone mentioned that word ("mellowing") - so maybe I'm turning into one (old cucumber)? :D Just hope I don't turn green anytime soon.
...
After Tua Ee's, I went to Rz' place to bai nian and join his family for dinner. After dinner, I was SO tired, I don't even remember falling asleep! I even slept for two whole hours hahaha!
Well, it's pig year after all.
...
Went shopping today :) So happy.
Finally bought a new pair of denim shorts. (Finally because I have been looking all over the place for a suitable pair.)
I have a red pair by Fox but it is so huge now, even wearing it with a belt is not possible, because of the puffs created by the spare fabric. It's really weird - it's not like I bought it before I lost weight or something. So I should still be able to wear it. Rz says it's because I've lost even more weight, but I doubt it. I actually feel like my butt is bigger now.
Ah anyway. New shorts :)
I also went to get my eyebrows shaped at Hollywood Secrets, Paragon. Hahahaha I haven't done it in so long :s
Feel so vain! I even did my nails by myself last night hehe. My attempts at french manicure + nail art finally passed! ^__^

...
Last week when I sent E's parcel off, I forgot to put in the nail polish @_@
Stewpig stewpig me. So I promised her another parcel lol..... Rz says being my little sister is very xing fu lol..... But she's not my lil sis!
I got myself a PMK pouch to replace my disgraceful Uchi one that has been housing my Samsung Yepp for three years :s
Was so pleased with it!! $6.90!! So I got E one as well :D Hehehehe :D
This is how it looks.

With the old Uchi pouch :)

...
Today we had dinner at Cyrstal Jade Xiao Long Bao :) It's been such a long time since we last went haha..
Revamped Xiao Long Baos on Hot Plate

Wanton Soup - My fave fave fave!

1 Wanton, Wanting Wanton, 1 on 1tonne, 1tonne of Wanton, etc :D

We had la mian too, of course, but the photos came out super fuzzy. And I had my camera lens in my Chinese tea like 65% of the time :P I think the staff were thinking I was crazy :P


Anyway,
My arm is really flabby!

But I think it looks slightly better here??

Well I'll blog another day - my eyes are tired.
Goodnight :)
P.S. I like my new eyebrows haha :P
- 27 February 2007 1:50 am -
No comments:
Post a Comment